ACTIVE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To access or take advantage of certain features of the site, we may request that you provide personal information. “Personal Information” is information about you that is associated with your name or identity, such as, name, mailing address, e-mail address, credit or debit card account number, birth date, telephone number, or purchase information. Personal Information may also include “Demographic Information,” such as your gender, marital status, salary, purchasing habits, or similar information. Personal Information may be requested and collected at various locations and on various forms on the site, including but not limited to: registration forms for newsletters and other e-mail communications; registration for membership to the site; registration for participation in contests, sweepstakes, auctions, surveys or other promotions that may be offered on the site; when you submit an inquiry via the site; when you submit an order for wine or other products; or when you communicate or otherwise interact with us via the site. You may always elect not to submit Personal Information, however, as a result, you may not be able to access certain of the site’s features and functionality.
We may also provide you opportunities to submit Personal Information about other individuals. For instance, you may choose to send a notice through the site to a friend regarding content offered by the site. We will not use the Personal Information of these individuals for any other purpose unless we disclose otherwise at the time you provide the information.
If you have registered as a member, you may update or modify some of the information that you actively provided through the site, including your e-mail marketing preferences, by logging into your member account. In addition, you may deactivate your member account.
PASSIVE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
In addition to the Personal Information that you actively provide to us, we or our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect information about you when you use the site. This information may include Demographic Information, browser type, operating system, clickstream data, IP address, mobile device identifiers and other information.
The methods that we and our service providers may use to automatically collect such information include the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a web site. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences and web pages visited while using the site. You may disable cookies using your browser’s preferences. However, some features of the site may not function properly or may operate slowly if you disable the cookies.
- Web Beacons: We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the site, to monitor how users navigate the site, to count how many e-mails that we sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the site. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party we work with, is active only while you are connected to the site, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Mobile Device Identifiers: Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such device information if you access the site through mobile devices. Certain features of the site may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number with the mobile device identifiers. Additionally, some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider, we and our third-party service providers may receive this information.
- If we associate any such passively-collected information with Personal Information about you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may store and use Personal Information for many purposes including to:
- Send you e-mail or mobile communications, such as newsletters and promotional offers, on behalf of the Winery or third parties;
- Send you information regarding the site, including features, products or services;
- Contact you with regard to surveys or Promotions in which you have participated;
- Complete a transaction or authorize a purchase that you have requested;
- Verify the accuracy of information you submitted to us;
- Collect and respond to reports of inappropriate conduct by Visitors;
- Conduct aggregate research or analyze the performance of our products or services;
- Monitor, administer or improve the site or develop future web site;
- Audit the use of the site;
- Customize the advertising and other content on the site;
- Contact you about the site or inquiries you make through the site;
- We will not use the information you provide via a “contact us” or other similar form or address to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may, in our sole discretion, share with third parties information that is not associated with your name or identity, such as web site usage information, anonymous Demographic Information, and aggregate user statistics. We may share Personal Information with third parties as described at the time you provide the information and under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers so that they may perform certain services for us, such as web site hosting, order fulfillment, clearing and processing credit and debit card payments, or performing other services on our behalf.
- Promotions: If you choose to register for Promotions offered on the site, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with such Promotions, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion.
- Business Transfers: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer Personal Information about you including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of a Site; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of substantially all of the Winery stock and/or assets or other corporate change.
The site is not directed to children or individuals younger than 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone younger than 18. In the event that we discover that we collected Personal Information about a child or individual younger than 18, we will delete the Personal Information.
No data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or hacker proof. While we have implemented security measures, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the site.
THIRD PARTY WEB SITE
There may be hyperlinks on the site to other web site or locations that are operated and controlled by third parties (“Third Party Web site”). These Third Party Web site may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technology to independently collect information about you. In addition, these Third Party Web site may solicit Personal Information from you. We make no representations regarding the policies or business practices of such Third Party Web site and have no control over the type or use of the information that is collected by these Third Party Web site.